Each day a kind deed.

Thought of the Week - Each day a kind deed.
TWEET this!

Jun 29, 2013

\O-O/ SPARE THE SPECTACLES \O-O/

A casual evening and I was reading a blog on the net. It was a review about a latest Bollywood movie where the so-called leading lady is portrayed as a geek. I could not agree more with this blogger about the lazy portrayal of “GEEKY-NESS”, just a pair of spectacles.  I have always been bemused by the human tendency of associating a material with an abstract attribute. And in this regard, spectacles ON, depicts a person is wise or geek, boring, un-cool and should be consulted for advice. This is exactly what those SPECTACLES were directed to deliver in that movie. And believe me they will be nominated for the special appearance category. Because the moment the story had to show off the sexiness of the lady, she dumped the SPECTACLES.  WHY ???, may I ask.

I beg to differ with this depiction.  Spectacles are technically advised on certain medical grounds when there is sight mal-function of the eyes. I am sure everyone got that. Being someone from the bespectacled community, this silly thought process does not irk me anymore. I am reminded of my experiences when people at the very first meeting thought I was boring and too much into books, not the fun-frolic types.  It didn’t matter then and it doesn’t matter now. I find it rather amusing. I smile.  “Looks can be deceptive” and I have proved this statement right. Wearing spectacles to bring on the mature and wise look might be a fashion for few. But the ones’, who actually wear, know the load. It hurts. It leaves marks on the nose forever.  You are for the rest of your life dependent for sight. And one thing for sure, the spectacles wearing lot are not the boring class. Reality Check  Please! At least I am not ready, to accept a whimsical generalization. I would have appreciated the film-maker if with the spectacles, the heroine would have changed her attitude. To all those people who think alike the film-maker, I can only say, intelligence and attitude is an attribute of the brain, SPARE THE SPECTACLES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read