Each day a kind deed.

Thought of the Week - Each day a kind deed.
TWEET this!

Jul 25, 2015

#Cherished Blogfest - My #Cherished Object


Quite often I tend to attach emotional value to an object. So, there are many such objects that I have kept over the years, carefully. I think I have got this habit from my father. I know he still has a pair of clay tribal figurines, he had bought when he was in third standard.

As for me, I have a bag full of letters, greeting cards, postcards that I had exchanged with my school friends on various occasions. I have carried it along with me each time I had to shift within India. I just could not part with it, until I had to leave India. Every year since I started hoarding these letters and cards, I read them atleast once. It reminds me of the carefree times in my life. Boosts up when I am down. Brings up a smile and refreshes so many memories. :)

Then, I have this blade shape pendant. My father had bought a silver colour blade pendant from a roadside seller in New Delhi, way back in 1980s. He liked the pendant so much that he made an exact replica in gold. He used to wear that until he gave it to me. I think I was in junior school that time. My name was the interesting thing about me, until I started wearing this pendant. I liked it so much, I continue to wear it even today. I don't know the reason why people find it fascinating that I wear such a pendant. But often I am asked, "why?" For me, it will always be a prized possession I inherited from my father. I remember when I used to live in Chennai, a person once asked, "Are you a fan of TR?" I think I am prepared to give away all my jewellery but this pendant. Oh ! And my mother's earrings. :)

One more, is a cute paper mache mini dog that my husband(then boyfriend) had gifted me. Again I have carried that everywhere I have shifted. Even when I had to move out of India, I got it. It has already broken twice during these luggage transfers. Everytime, I glue down the pieces to keep it intact. We had a huge fight over a petty matter that day. (Like it always happens.) He did not know exactly how to sort out the fight. So he got this gift from a makeshift shop at a local mela in Bhubaneswar. This gesture was enough to convey his emotions. So whenever I see that mini dog if I am angry on him, I tend to melt down. It is definitely a special item for me. :)

I am often advised not to cling emotionally to an object rather to keep life simple. If only I could help myself. There are so many items/objects I cherish and will continue to cherish. But to list them all here is difficult.

Thanks to the hosts for this #Cherished Blogfest. I enjoyed writing for it. If you wish to write you can submit your blog link here.

TWEET this!

Image Credits - Cheryl KP #Cherished Blogfest
Article © Copyright Salvwi Prasad
Creative Commons Licence

4 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon this blog of yours today. Glad to have found it. Enjoyed reading more about you. Btw, you do have a pretty unique name. I have wondered what it means. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shantala,
      This was my first blog. But somehow I neglected it over the years. Finally decided to revive it along with POETICbug. :)
      To be honest, even I do not know the meaning of my name. :) I know it is kind of silly of me not to have found out the meaning. I just didn't.
      Thank you.

      Delete
    2. Hehehe..no worries. I was just curious. Btw, I found out the meaning behind my name only some years back, so you see, I understand. :P

      Delete
    3. But if someday I chance upon the meaning of my name, I will share it for sure. Because there are already so many friends wishing to know. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read